An informative and entertaining session for Parents, educators and carers is delivered with Susan's famous no nonsense approach and will cover the positive benefits of technology as well as what parents need to be aware of:
- What are kids doing online – The popular social networking sites
and apps. What they are, what are the legal ages to use them &
why these rules should be obeyed.
- The difference between an online friend and a stranger.
- Online Grooming – What is it and when/how does it occur?
What are the warning signs & what to do if you suspect this is
happening to your child.
- Cyberbullying - What it is, where it happens, what it looks
like, how to prevent and what to do if it occurs. Also the
legal consequences and the possible criminal charges
- ‘Sexting’ – the taking and sending of explicit images...what are
the REAL consequences. (Primary school kids too).
- Potential dangers and safety tips – how to assist the children in
your care to stay safe online via parental controls and restriction
- Learn the lingo! Be able to converse with your children in the
language of cyberspace.
- Be confident in setting rules and boundaries around internet use in
- It's OK to say NO!
The session will conclude with time for Questions.